Saturday, January 19, 2013

Book Reviews- Body Drama and Diet Drama by Nancy Redd

Hello readers. I wanted to do a book review today and I have two books that are in my opinion, really great for younger women. Both of these books are a bit more young adult oriented *Id say 16/18 plus* but offer really great messages. Both books are really colorful, and well written. I like to read books but this is a visual treat, not just a plain text book.

This is the webpage with links about the books if you want to learn more - http://www.nancyredd.com/

Body Drama is about issues women can have with their bodies, and covers a good amount of topics. I think by far my favorite part of the book when they show how photos get altered in magazines to make them look better. It sort of washes the idea that there is a "perfect" beauty to strive for. This book is informative, and could be used as a quick reference guide or just a wonderful book to read. I really liked seeing regular women in this book as well, showing how everyone has different types of body drama *and some of the pictures are very cute*. It's basically an adult body book but when I say adult, I mean young woman. I would call this a positive feminist book so to speak and think every young adult should own it. This book is usually by my nightstand or in my purse, that is how much I like it. The book also makes you feel connected to other women in a positive way and makes you realize that you are not alone.

Diet Drama continues along the same idea but focuses more on eating healthy, and right, while also ignoring weight, and instead focuses on loving your body. Both of these books have real women, not airbrushed and are really well written. They are definitely geared towards younger women or teens.  I truly feel this is an extremely positive book that young women should read because it focuses not on numbers but on how you feel about yourself. The book also explains caloric needs for example well, as well as what types of food are better to eat. These books are wonderful and both in my opinion give a sense of community, due to the fact most women I would argue at least think/get concerned about their weight. Both these books are worth checking out, and fun to read. I find myself flipping through the pages of both again, and again.

Rating- Five out of Five stars. These are extremely informative, positive books for young woman and I think they should have this be read in high school for young women *that would be a good
 change!*

3 comments:

  1. That book sounds really interesting,where did you get yours off of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon.com had it for really reasonable. I want to post photos of the books soon but these are wonderful books, and I think young women should definitely read them

    ReplyDelete