Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sophia and the Seven Goddesses Book Review by Ilene Satala and Beverly Danusis

Hello again Ladies. Today I wanted to post another review of a totally different book. Most of my up coming reviews will be focused on women's health, however today I wanted to do 2 diffrent reviews. This will be the first review of a fiction book.  I was introduced to this book at my old job in a metaphysical shop. I was told this book was really great, and everyone should read it. I knew it was a book geared towards young girls, so I was a bit surprised to hear that my boss would want everyone to read this book.




Let me first say, I am not a big fan of fiction books, I practically never read them frankly. This book, however, was a great exception. Sophia and the Seven Goddesses is a young adult book *I would say for younger girls and teens.* This fiction book was extremely well written, and captivated me as I began to read it.  It is a very empowering book for younger woman. The book focuses on a girls journey into learning how to love herself, and empower herself. I am trying to be vague as to not spoil the plot of the book. This book hooked me after the first I think 20 pages, and that is extremely hard to do, since I never read fictional books. Each Goddess gives a gift so to speak to the main character, whos name is Sophie. An example of a gift would be Aphrodite gives the gift of self love.

 If you have a young girl from the age 7-13 I would highly recommend this book. This book also gives you a tidbit into goddess mythology.Metaphysical lessons are also input in this book, which makes it interesting.  This is a book that will make you feel better about yourself, and will put a smile on your face. We live in a society that the media puts women down constantly, or at each others throats over silly things. This book I think could help create a better culture for young girls, so that they can be respectful, and caring to one another.  I feel like this book specifically will help the younger girls be stronger in this sometimes cruel society we live in.

 Rating-5 stars
Well written, would be great for younger teens to read, before they get hit with an even stronger bombardment of media messages.

1 comment: