Monday, June 25, 2012

Freya Bra Review






This is the Freya Sports bra I am doing a review on. I really liked that they offered red as a color. This is my first encounter with the Freya brand so I was a bit iffy at first. I will say, the band feels tighter than most 32s I have come across *it still fits well, but at first it was a bit of a shock*. After wearing it, the band is more comfortable now. It is very supportive and as far as I can recall, did well at work. The only downside I will say is the cups are cone shaped of sorts, and there is extra material I noticed around the nipple area. Other than that, its a wonderful bra. I personally prefer the Wacoal sports bra a little better because that stays true to my shape, and this bra has a little bit of a puff around the nipple area *which can look funny, Im not sure how comfortable I would be wearing this under a tighter fitting shirt*. All in all, it supported me well throughout my intense work days, and does its job. I wish they had made it less cone shaped around the nipple area, I fill the cup well, thats the only problem I have so I know its not a cup size problem. I will continue wearing this bra, and really like it. Again, the only flaw I see is the cone shaped bra cup, and again that is to be expected. I would recommend this bra but be warned about the cone shapes.  Price wise, this wasn't too bad but again, I preferred the Wacoal sports bra. I feel like the Wacoal bra fits my shape a little better.

From what I can recall, the pricing is about the same on the Wacoal and Freya, the Wacoal was a bit more expensive *around 5 dollars* but I liked the shape and fit of the Wacoal better

So, my rating is this-It is comfortable, and fits well, but with the cups looking so funny/cone shaped sticking out, I do not recommend wearing this under tighter fitting t-shirts, because it will draw attention and look funny. Four out of five for me, I didn't like how it had a cone shape to it that stuck out.

Rating: 4/5
Pros: Supportive, red color(or variety, not just black, grey, and white).
Cons: The cone shape of the bra itself, band seemed a bit too tight but is manageable. This won't be a good bra if your weight fluctuates *a few weeks ago, the band doesn't even fit anymore*.


 Hope you are having a wonderful summer! Stay hydrated.


4 comments:

  1. I had a very similar experience when wearing a Freya sports bra. While very supportive (my breasts didn't move a millimeter in this thing), I felt awkward wearing the bra under my clothes. There were obvious lines from each seam on the cup that showed through my jersey and the great structure led to my breasts looking pointed and extremely separated. This was not the look I was going for on the softball fields.

    Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great knowing someone else had the same problem I did, feeling like the Freya sports bra made my breasts look odd.

    You and I seem to be attracted to a lot of the same brands. I'll keep checking your blog for more ideas and reviews. Feel free to look through mine. :) www.largebustbras.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting blog. I like how you have photos everywhere and some good info. From yesterdays experience *I wore the Freya in a tight t-shirt, and that had just about everyone looking >.< I wont be doing that again*, I know I like Wacoal and Panache. Natori I am still waiting to check up on and review. Your blog layout was pretty cool I must say as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I like the designs and the fit of freya bras. This blog of yours is very helpful. I'm learning from your reviews and getting to know what bras to try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Michelle! Thank you for your comments. I am very glad to hear this blog is helpful. If you ever need any help/sizing suggestions or anything, please let me know. Freya is a sturdy brand however they seemingly have a tighter band *although that is the sports bra, not the regular bras and to be fair, I have not given those a shot*. Which Freya bra is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete