Friday, December 7, 2012

Are bras a neccesity for women? (Comments welcomed,)

Hi again dear readers. I wanted to post this about perspective on bras. I want to hear/discuss from my readers if this is possible.

 I know for a fact many women have thought of going bra-less, due to the fact that firstly, an improper fitting one can be agonizing, but bras can be expensive as well. So here is my question, why do we wear them?

I would argue we wear them for multiple reasons. Half of those reasons our for ourselves, but the others are for our society.

 While there is no proof *as far as I know* that not wearing a bra can cause sagging, some people believe that. I personally wear bras to support my bust during harder work days, where I am moving around a lot.

 I have felt the horrors of wearing an improperly fitting bra during heavy activity, and can remember the pain vividly. I wanted to share a story of my own about why bras are really important. I took up the job mowing my family's eight acre property, and I was wearing a flimsy bra (think, the cheap XL/L sports bras that have universal sizing) that did not support me at all. I recall the last part was brutal because the last part I mowed was extremely bumpy, and all that bouncing around was incredibly painful. I would not wish that on anyone.

 I also think that it is socially unacceptable in our culture to not wear a bra, interestingly enough. At least in a retail/professional setting. Think of employers-if they interviewed two busty women, one who didn't wear a bra, my guess is she would not be hired.

So in review-I believe we wear them because we are expected to. I have heard women who don't wear bras in public be called *slobs* and *mannerless*. I also believe they help us when they fit properly *protect us against prying eyes, help support them during our active lifestyle, help us seem more professional*
 I also can understanding not wanting people to be staring at your chest throughout the day *bras help that typically*.

So, my question to my readers tonight is why do you wear a bra? Do you think as women we are conditioned/expected to wear them? Do you wear them for personal reasons or a bit of both? Do you think its acceptable, or unacceptable for a woman to not wear a bra in public?

1 comment:

  1. Well they are for me because I can't stand having my boobs flopping all over the place when I move around. And yes, we are conditioned that not wearing a bra is trampy or vulgar. But no, I don't think it's unacceptable to go braless in public. To each their own.

    ReplyDelete